These Terms and Conditions form part of the contract you as the client enter into when you engage Sarah White at The Copy Jockey to undertake work.
Please read them through carefully, and get in touch if you have any questions.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all work provided by Sarah White and The Copy Jockey.
Last updated: 1st September 2022.
‘I’, ‘Me’, and ‘My’ is Sarah White, The Copy Jockey, and agents.
‘You’ and ‘Your’ is the client, its employees and agents.
- QUOTES AND PRICING
- All quotes and proposals are valid for 30 days from submission date.
- All quotes include:
- Two rounds of revisions at no extra cost (unless specified in the individual project details then these take precedence, such as social media content and email content)
- One round of professional proofreading at no extra cost AND
- Additional fees, at an hourly rate of $120NZ, will be charged for any additional revisions or proofreading outside of the proposal scope
- You have a maximum of 14 days from submission of first draft to respond with revisions.
- Additional fees, at an hourly rate of $120NZ, will be charged for any additional revisions or proofreading needed after the 14-day revision period.
- Quotes do not include (unless specifically stated):
- Liaison/collaboration with other agents such as graphic designers or web developers
- Meetings outside the initial brief
- Travel time for any onsite meetings
- All prices are in New Zealand dollars, exclusive of GST taxes, but will include any fees payable (i.e. PayPal/Stripe).
- A non-refundable first payment of 50% of the total amount quoted is required on approval of the quote before work can begin.
- When the total amount is less than $499, the full amount is required on approval of the quote before work can begin.
- The final invoice will be issued 14 days after I send the first full draft to you or when final sign off is given (whichever occurs first).
- Payment terms are seven days from the date on your invoice.
- I reserve the right to charge you interest on overdue accounts at a rate of 10% for the first 21 days overdue and 20% thereafter.
6. If I have to engage a third-party organisation to recover your debt incurred in overdue accounts or other issues, you are responsible for paying the additional costs involved, including any legal expenses, sorry!
- Payment is by bank transfer (preferred) or by using a credit card via Stripe payment. PayPal payments are available by prior arrangement.
- If your project is urgent and requires a first-draft turnaround of less than four working days, a rush loading of 25% will apply.
- Any costs additional to the services ordered (including but not limited to couriers, other media and travel costs) are in addition to the amount quoted and will be charged to you as required. These costs will be itemised separately in your final invoice.
- CHANGES IN SCOPE
- Any modifications to the original project brief during the course of execution will render the provided quotation invalid.
- Additional fees/charges may be applied to cover the time and expenses required to complete any new work.
- The new quote will need to be approved, and the revised deposit paid, before work can restart.
- I always endeavour to deliver all work by a mutually agreed deadline. However, circumstances beyond my control may prevent me from getting work to you on time, including but not limited to:
- Medical emergencies
- Major illnesses
- Family emergencies
2. If I’m unable to continue/complete work because I have not received requested information from you, I will continue the work at my next opportunity. This may affect your preferred deadline/overall timeframe.
- I will inform you within four working days if there are any timeframe issues on my end.
4. Unless otherwise agreed, you will provide information and amends to use within seven days of me requesting them.
- I will request you supply me with the contact details of one primary contact, to be available throughout work on your project for all revisions and contact.
2. If I receive no communication from you for 30 days, the project will be deemed closed and any final amount owing will be billed to you.
- You may terminate the job at any time via email.
- If you terminate the job, I will invoice for the total stage in progress at the minimum estimated fee.
- I may terminate the job at any time via email.
- If I terminate the job, I will invoice for the total stage in progress at the minimum estimated fee.
- Your personal details are required when you engage me to undertake your work. I will not share your information with anyone else without your consent. I’m also happy to sign a confidentiality agreement if requested (conditions apply).
2. If I have signed a separate confidentiality agreement or Non-Disclosure Agreement with you, that agreement takes precedence.
3. You agree not to disclose any information about my pricing structure or project documents.
4. I reserve the right to refer to your project and business name, and to use your logo, for my own promotional and marketing purposes unless I have signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement precluding this.
5. I may approach you for a testimonial after the project is completed to your satisfaction, although provision of testimonials is not obligatory.
- You gain full copyright and intellectual property rights for any work delivered by me when you complete the final payment.
- Until the final payment is received, I retain the intellectual property rights for all work delivered.
Now, the boring stuff…
- LIABILITY AND RISK
- To the extent permitted by the laws of New Zealand, I accept no liability on any grounds for consequential damages or losses arising from any cause, including omission or negligence.
2. I am not responsible for the delay in or failure to produce work, if it is caused by matters beyond reasonable control including, but not limited to:
- Acts of Nature
- Equipment failure
- Power failure
3. All or any details provided by you are assumed to be legal and accurate. I am not responsible for the content or legality of details provided by you, including, but not limited to:
- Copyright infringement
- You agree to indemnify and to hold me harmless against any and all claims, costs and expenses, including lawyer’s fees, due to materials included in any work undertaken at your request.
- You are responsible for checking the factual accuracy of the content for your project.
- I take no responsibility for the material and how it is used once you have approved the final draft.
- All due care will be taken to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of work; however, the final responsibility rests with you. I provide my services to the absolute best of my ability and in good faith; however, I can’t guarantee absolute perfection, and I can’t be held accountable for errors in my work. Although, I will be mortified if it does contain any and may reassess my life choices whilst mindlessly devouring a family-sized bar of Whittaker’s chocolate. Please check all documents carefully when you receive my final work, if only for my sanity.
- APPLICABLE LAW
- All work is governed by the laws of New Zealand, and the Courts of New Zealand shall have the sole and exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine all disputes in connection with claims arising from work produced by me.
- If you wish to make a claim about incorrect performance or breach of these Terms and Conditions, you must send it in writing to us within six months of delivery.
The client acknowledges that before engaging Sarah White at The Copy Jockey to undertake work, they have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.